Ryan WangShanghaiMember of PRC Bar
Practices：Dispute Resolution, Financial Markets, Capital Markets
Areas of Practice
Mr. Wang specializes in the resolution of civil and commercial disputes, with a particular focus on handling intricate and complex commercial cases within high-level courts, as well as various financial dispute cases. He has made multiple appearances before both the Supreme People’s Court and various high-level local courts, showcasing his extensive and specialized experience in managing cases related to securities disputes, asset management disputes, corporate conflicts, general financial and commercial disputes, especially those heard in financial courts across diverse regions.
Consistently delivering satisfactory case outcomes and achieving clients’ business objectives, he has played a pivotal role in numerous cases that not only he represented but also those in which he was involved. Many of these cases have bridged gaps in domestic legal regulations, pioneering new paths.
Furthermore, Mr. Wang frequently offers specialized pre-litigation legal services, including financial product risk management and resolution, securities compliance consulting, and other tailored legal assistance. He conducts comprehensive research into legislative, judicial, and industry practices within the commercial and financial sectors. Additionally, he actively participates in research endeavors linked to the formulation of industry regulations.
- Mr. Wang joined the Firm in the year 2023.
- Prior to joining the firm, he had worked for several years at Fangda Partners and Tiantong Law Firm.
- Peking University, Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo, Special Research Student for Foreign Nationals
- China University of Political Science and Law, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Chinese, English, Japanese
- Represented a major state-owned bank in the Shanghai Financial Court and Shanghai High Court, handling an ABS false statement dispute involving nearly ¥600 million. This case marked China's first false statement liability dispute arising from the fraudulent issuance of ABS. The client's litigation claims were fully supported in the first instance, with the second instance still pending.
- Represented a renowned securities firm in Zhejiang High Court and the Supreme People’s Court in handling a dispute involving bills discounting and recovery rights with a value exceeding ¥960 million; successfully rejected plaintiff’s entire claims against the client in the first instance, with the second instance still pending.
- Represented a leading securities firm in Dalian Court in handling multiple individual investor lawsuits related to stock false statement liability disputes; all claims against the client were dismissed.
- Represented a leading securities firm in handling bond false statement liability disputes valued at around ¥90 million in Beijing Financial Court and Shenyang Court respectively; through successfully uncovering critical facts behind the cases and thorough defense, compelled plaintiffs to withdraw their lawsuits.
- Represented a major commercial bank in handling non-public targeted debt financing instruments false statement disputes valued at over ¥870 million in Guangzhou Court, and short-term financing bond false statement disputes valued at ¥221 million in Dalian Court; provided specialized legal advice on defense strategies for both cases as the client's legal counsel.
- Represented a leading securities firm in resolving bond risk issues arising from a well-known electrical and retail company’s debt crisis; successfully mitigated and resolved risks for the client during the service period, avoiding liability.
- Represented a leading securities firm in handling bond false statement liability disputes valued at over ¥400 million in Beijing Financial Court and Beijing High Court respectively, brought by multiple institutional investors; successfully used defense strategies to dismiss plaintiff’s claims against the client.
- Represented a leading securities firm in handling bond false statement liability disputes valued at over ¥130 million in Beijing Financial Court and Beijing High Court respectively, brought by multiple institutional investors; successfully used defense strategies to dismiss plaintiff’s claims against the client.
Corporate and Commercial Disputes:
- Represented a globally renowned investment bank in a case involving recognition and enforcement of a Hong Kong arbitration award with a value exceeding $30 million in a local Intermediate Court; also provided specialized legal advice on core legal issues, compliance matters, and defense strategies in two related litigations.
- Represented a large pharmaceutical company in Wuhan Court in handling a dispute related to equity holding with a value of nearly ¥10 million; the case is still ongoing.
- Represented a Sci-Tech Innovation Board listed company in Xi’an Court in handling a dispute over a technology development cooperation contract with a well-known domestic mobile manufacturer; the case is still ongoing.
- Represented a major construction engineering company in multiple courts in Zhejiang and arbitration commissions in disputes over construction contracts with real estate development companies, with a total value exceeding ¥400 million; successfully secured preservation of assets worth hundreds of millions for the client by uncovering property clues not previously known, ensuring full recovery of project funds.
- Represented a real estate development company in the Supreme People’s Court in a shareholder representative lawsuit related to company interests; the case involved commercial interests totaling nearly ¥500 million; intervened after the second instance and obtained a retrial judgment in support of client’s claims.
- Represented a multinational electrical company and an international tech company in disputes over equity transfer and trade secrets with their partners; these cases relate to the clients’ prospects and development in new business areas; served as specialized legal counsel, participating in internal interviews and business negotiations, providing legal opinions and advice, ultimately facilitating comprehensive achievement of the clients’ business objectives.
- Successfully applied for recognition and enforcement of a US court judgment in a Shanghai Intermediate Court on behalf of a US company; this case stands as the second case in China and the first case handled by Shanghai Courts of recognition and enforcement of a US court judgment under the principle of reciprocity.
- Excellent Thesis Award of the Professor Wei Zhenying Commercial and Civil Law Research and Development Fund
- Special Editor of Yenching Legal Studies
- Research on Legal Issues in the Adjudication of Business Trust Disputes, 2020 Major Research Project of the Supreme People’s Court.
- Research on the Civil Liability of Asset Managers in the Context of Pan-Asset Management and Relevant Risk Prevention, 2022 Outstanding Major Research Project of Securities Association of China.
- Research on the Civil Liability of ABS Managers and Relevant Risk Prevention, 2021 Outstanding Major Research Project of Securities Association of China.
- Research on the Civil Liability for Misrepresentation of Issuer and Intermediary under the Registration-based IPO System, 2020 Outstanding Major Research Project of Securities Association of China.
- Research on Compliance Issues and Risk Prevention of Listed Companies and Relevant Personnel in the New Situation, 2022 Outstanding Research Project of the China Association for Public Companies.
- In addition, Mr. Wang has participated in research activities related to industry rules by Securities Association of China and the National Association of Financial Market Institutional Investors, and has been involved in the commentary writing of several articles of Chinese Civil Code (2022 Major Program of the National Social Science Foundation of China).
- Author: Wang Rongqing, Japanese Civil Law: Text and Cases, China Legal Publishing House, 2018 edition.
- Author: Hiroto Dogauchi, Translator: Wang Rongqing, Aspects of Typical Security Interests Law in Japan, Peking University Press, 2022 edition.
- Author: Hiroto Dogauchi, Translator: Wang Rongqing, Problems of Atypical Security Interests in Japan, Peking University Press, 2022 edition.
- Furthermore, Mr. Wang has published numerous articles in various journals, including Securities Market Herald, China Securities, Transmission, Private Law Review, Selected Cases of People’s Courts, and Beihang Law Review, and has contributed to books such as Practical Analysis and Operational Guidelines for Due Diligence in Investment Banking Business under the Registration System (China Law Press) and Practical Analysis and Operational Guidelines for Disputes over Civil Liability of Securities False Statements (to be published by China Law Press), and Overview of Bankruptcy Law in Japan.