Practices：Dispute Resolution, Corporate Compliance, Private Equity Investment
Practice Areas and Experience
Mr. Huang joined Chance Bridge Partners in March 2019. Previously, Mr. Huang worked in JunHe LLP for multiple years, mainly practiced in dispute resolution, corporate compliance and private equity investment areas. Mr. Huang has successfully represented many multi-national companies in complex commercial litigations and arbitrations in China. He also has extensive experience in compliance investigations and settlement with Multilateral Development Banks. In addition, Mr. Huang also advised Chinese and overseas clients on a large number of venture capital, private financing, acquisition and merger projects.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2014, LL.M.
- Renmin University of China, 2013, LL.M.
- Southwest University of Political Science and Law, 2010, LL.B.
Mandarin, Fluent English
- Represented Guizhou Taibang Biological Products Co., Ltd. in series of contractual disputes with other plasma companies, and successfully recovered several hundred millions RMB within ten months.
- Advised shareholders of a listed company in multiple stock pledged repo transaction disputes with securities companies.
- Represented an investment company in resolution disputes with other shareholders of their common target company, and successfully won the seat of legal representative of the target company.
- Represented Zhongshan Securities in multiple bond transaction disputes.
- Represented Zhongshan Securities in multiple bond misrepresentation disputes.
- Represented Sanxin Group in financial loan dispute with a super large bank.
- Represented Xiamen International Bank Fuzhou Branch in disputes over creditor's right to rescind with a trust company.
- Advised Hengtian Real Estate in whole procedure of exiting from the bankruptcy and reorganization project of Fujian Haixialiangan Agricultural Products Logistics City Development Co., Ltd.
- Represented a well-known SOE in dispute over third-party rescission rights with a well-known real estate developer.
- Advised a well-known luxury productss company in an ICC arbitration procedure.
- Represented an emerging industry company in an equity redemption dispute with investors.
- Represented Wemade Entertainment in series of intellectual property disputes with Shanda Games.
- Represented a well-known investment institution in an equity transfer dispute in the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center.
- Represented Westrock Luxembourg and Westvaco in recognition and enforcement proceedings of HKIAC Awards in China.
- Represented China Tianchen Engineering Corporation in independent guarantee fraud disputes with overseas owners in Tianjin Higher Court, and successfully obtained court injunctions against banks from making payment of RMB 526 million.
- Represented DFA Pty Ltd., a company registered in Australia, in an independent guarantee fraud dispute with Dalian Huarui Heavy Industry.
- Represented Beijing Huayou Jiaye Sugar in series of disputes against several sugar companies in Dalian and Jinzhou, assisted client in the recovery of property through various efforts including reporting cases to PSBs and multiple civil lawsuits.
- Represented a listed company in a real estate development dispute submitted to Ordos Arbitration Committee.
- Represented investors from the United States in a dispute with People's Insurance Company of China over a securities fraud insurance policy for an U.S.-listed company.
- Represented a precious metals exchange company in a futures trading dispute with investor.
- Represented Zhongrong International Trust in an equity transfer dispute.
- Represented China South Industries Group Finance in multiple auto loan disputes.
- Represented WF Central in a real estate leasing dispute with a fashion glasses company.
- Represented Amer Sports in a distribution agreement dispute.
- Advised a super large state-owned enterprise and its subsidiaries in compliance investigations launched by AfDB and World Bank Group, represented client in negotiations with MDBs and reached a comprehensive settlement agreement, assisted client in establishing and implementing integrity compliance program which satisfy MDBs’ standards, advised client in investigation by MDBs on projects funding by the banks, and eventually helped client obtained early release from debarment.
- Advised a super large state-owned enterprise and its subsidiaries in compliance investigations launched by AfDB, assisted client in establishing and implementing integrity compliance program which satisfy MDBs’ standards, advised client in investigation on projects funding by the bank.
- Advised a state-owned enterprise in compliance investigations launched by World Bank Group, assisted client in establishing and implementing integrity compliance program which satisfy MDBs’ standards, advised client in investigation on projects funding by the bank, assisted in the cross-debarment launched by AIIB and other MDBs.
- Advised a large state-owned enterprise in compliance investigations launched by World Bank Group, represented client in negotiations over the settlement agreement, assisted client in establishing and implementing integrity compliance program which satisfy MDBs’ standards, advised client in investigation on projects funding by the bank.
- Assisted Citadel in CSRC's investigation on illegal use of other's accounts, provided statement of defense.
- Assisted an U.S. listed company in internal investigation on its Shanghai office, and provided legal services for data review.
- Providing compliance services related to export control of the United States to a reputable domestic university or college, assisting with its removal from the U.S. Department of Commerce Export Control Unauthorized Entity List (the “Grey List”).
Investigation of Private Equity InvestmentMr. Huang participated in more than 60 venture capital, private equity, acquisition and merger projects, some representative projects are as follows:
- NEXTEV (NIO)’s series A-3 funding round, raising hundreds of millions of dollars, led by Hillhouse Capital, Shunwei and a reputable individual investor.
- Huami (MI Band)’s private financing, raising tens of millions of dollars, led by Xiaomi, Banyan Capital, Morningside and Sequoia, etc.
- Zhongrongjin’s private financing, raising tens of millions of dollars, led by Banyan Capital.
- Edaixi’s series A and series B funding round, raising tens of millions of dollars, led by Tencent, Matrix Partners, SIG and JD.com.
- Car King’s series D funding round, raising tens of millions of dollars, led by Bull Capital and Legend Capital.
- Meet You’s series D funding round, raising tens of millions of dollars, led by Matrix Partners.
- 700 Bike’s series A and series B funding round led by IDG Capital and Banyan Capital.
- PP Zuche’s series B funding round, raising tens of millions of dollars, led by Sequoia, Morningside and IDG.
- FarmLink’S series A and series B funding round led by Sequoia and K2VC.
- Dong Qiudi’s series A funding round led by K2VC.
- MOOC’s series A funding round led by Banyan Capital.
- KunLun Tech and Qihoo 360’s merger and acquisition of Opera Browser.
- KunLun Tech’s merger and acquisition of Grindr App.
General Corporate Affairs
- Advised multiple Chinese and overseas clients, such as Wal-Mart, Apple, Olympus, China's Industrial Bank, for business compliance issues, provided Chinese legal opinions.
- Assisted Danone Group in drafting Distribution Agreement for Evian Mineral Water in China.
- Assisted Medicine Meda in establishing business compliance program in China.
- Assisted a health intelligent company in drafting service agreement based on its business.
- Selected into the 2020 Beijing Lawyers Association Foreign Lawyers Talent Pool