Practice Areas and Experience
Mr. Ye has 22 years of dispute resolution experience in both domestic and international law firms. He specializes in helping both foreign and domestic clients settle disputes in China. Mr. Ye focuses on disputes related to banking, construction and corporate law. During his five years at China Construction Bank, Mr. Ye helped both domestic and foreign banks settle issues related to complex mortgages, asset-backed loans, unsecured loans, leveraged loans, syndicated loans, financial products, stock-pledged repurchase, transfer of share income right. In addition, Mr. Ye has also helped multinational companies and commercial clients to handle a number of companies, contracts and commercial disputes. Mr. Ye has provided high quality legal service to many well-known clients including Citigroup, Bank of China (Hong Kong), DBS Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, China Construction Bank, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Orient Asset Management Corporation, China Great Wall Asset Management Corporation, China Cinda Asset Management Corporation, Citic Securities, Zhongshan Securities, Avic Securities, Huarong International Trust, Hewlett-Packard, Borg, JCDecaux advertising, DHL, UPS and many others.
- LL.M. in Commercial Law, University of Sheffield (2000).
- LL.B., Zhongshan University (1992).
- Mr. Ye is a member of the MCIArb, and Mr. Ye joined Chance Bridge Law Firm in 2011 as a partner;
- Prior to joining Chance Bridge Law Firm, Mr. Ye worked for the Zhuhai branch of China Construction Bank from 1992 to 1997. Afterwards, he worked for a Guangzhou law firm where he worked in litigation and arbitration until he entered the University of Sheffield to obtain a LL.M. in commercial law. After graduating from the University of Sheffield, Mr. Ye worked for Masons, a well-known international law firm in its Guangzhou and Hong Kong offices. And then, Mr. Ye's work experience in a law firm in Shanghai and Beijing has established his professional experience and excellent reputation in the field of litigation and arbitration;
- Mr. Ye now is a partner of the dispute resolution team at Chance Bridge Law Firm.
Mandarin, English and Cantonese
- In the arbitration of an international sales contract which was accepted by the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission between the applicant, a Tanzania company, and the respondent, an A-share listed company as well as a Hong Kong company, Mr. Ye provided legal services on behalf of the respondent. After the hearing, except that the maintenance fee request (only 0.2% of the total maintenance fee request) made by the claimant was supported by the arbitral tribunal, the other ten arbitration claims were dismissed; while, of the six counterclaims made by the respondent, five were supported by the arbitral tribunal;
- Represented a series of disputes between CITIC Securities Co., Ltd. and the controlling shareholder of a listed company over the 88.05 million shares pledge-style repurchase business, including case analysis, design and optimization of the plan for disposal of claims, uation and selection of relief paths, and disposal and recovery of claims;
- On behalf of Huaxin International Trust Co., Ltd., provided services in respect of disputes over the transfer of the usufruct of 60 million shares between the controlling shareholders of a listed company and numerous guarantors throughout the whole process, including the uation and analysis of case risks, the design and optimization of legal disposal plans, the uation and selection of different judicial relief paths, and the disposal and recovery of debts;
- As the agent of Fuli (Beijing) Real Estate Development Co., Ltd., in the contract dispute between Guoxing Global Land Consolidation Development Co., Ltd., Fuli (Beijing) Real Estate Development Co., Ltd. and the People's Government of Xianghe County, the judgment of the first instance was successfully revoked and the case was remanded for retrial by the Supreme People's Court.
- provided whole-process legal services on behalf of Zhongshan Securities Co., Ltd. for the securities false statement case brought by an investor against the issuer of bonds, Zhongshan Securities Co., Ltd. and other related entities; The services shall include case analysis, collection of case evidence, determination and optimisation of defence ideas, drafting and submission of the relevant documents to the court, participation in court hearing and representation of attorney's opinions, handling of public relations crisis, communication with the securities regulatory authorities, etc;
- represented Chromalox Company of the United States, the respondent, against the the applicant, an agent, to provide legal opinions and agency services in the dispute over commission agency arbitration conducted by China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission; After the hearing, all the claims of the Claimant were dismissed.
- On behalf of the applicant in an arbitration case concerning a service contract heard by the Shanghai Arbitration Commission between the applicant, a Hong Kong company, and the respondent, a Tianjin company, and a company in Shanghai. After the mediation by the tribunal, the applicant and the respondents reached a mediation agreement and successfully recovered the service fees;
- Legal services were provided on behalf of the applicant in a construction contract dispute heard by the Beijing Arbitration Commission between the applicant, a company, and the respondent, an A-share listed company. After the hearing of the arbitration tribunal, part of the claims of the applicant is supported;
- Represented Zhongneng Sangpu Akesai County Technology Co, Ltd. on dozens of sales contract disputes with various suppliers, and reached settlement arrangements with various suppliers on behalf of Zhongneng Sangpu Akesai County Technology Co, Ltd. and completely resolved their commercial dispute;
- Represented CRP Food Import and Export Co., Ltd. in Germany on several international cargo buying and selling disputes with a domestic supplier, provided legal services and litigation agency services;
- Provided legal services and advices on behalf of an Investment Company and a Technology Company relating to the equity transfer dispute between them, This case is still under hearing.
Honors and Awards
- Won the title of “Excellent Party Worker in 2018-2019” in 2019
- Selected in the 1000 Foreign-related Legal Professionals of the Ministry of Justice, 2018,2019
- Won the honorary title of “2017-2018 outstanding Party member of Beijing municipal lawyers” in 2018
- Won the honorary title of “2016-2017 outstanding party member of Beijing municipal lawyers” in 2017
- Member of Legal Practice Committee of Beijing Lawyers Association for Non-performing Asset Disposal
- Director of the 3rd Bar Association of Beijing Dongcheng District
- Deputy Secretary-General of the Legal Practice Committee for the Disposal of Non-performing Assets of the 11th Beijing Lawyers Association
- The Theory of The Tort of Negligence in England (International Commercial Law Review, Vol. 5, Law Press, 2003)
- From the ‘Caveat Emptor’ to the Caveat Venditor Principle – Implied Terms Under The Law of Sales of Goods ("International Commercial Law Review", Vol. 6, Law Press, 2004)
- Methods for Managing the Reorganization of Major Assets of Listed Companies: New Regulations in Chinese Capital Markets (China Law and Practice, Vol. 22, June, 2008)