Sarah LuoShanghaiMember of PRC Bar
Practices：Cross-border investment and financing, Capital market， General Corporate
Field of practice and experience
Ms. Luo specializes in cross-border investment and financing, capital markets, as well as corporate compliance. She has given advice on several transactions concerning corporate investment, M&A, foreign investment by Chinese companies and private equity funds. She is also retained by several medium and large enterprises as the legal counsel.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Renmin University of China
- Master of Laws (LLM), Renmin University of China
- Participant of Russian Law Program for Legal Talents in BRICS Countries
- 2013.03-2013.10，a stint as Study Visitor at the European Court of Human Rights.
- 2018.03-2018.04，work exchange in Joelson Wilson LLP.
- 2020.01, partner of the Capital Markets Department and the Cross-border Investment and Financing Department of Chance Bridge Law Firm.
Mandarin, fluent English, German
Notable Cases and Projects:
- provided legal services for China SAM Group's acquisition of Wolf Petroleum Ltd, a company listed on the ASX; (“2016 Outstanding Transaction”);
- provided legal services for Xiabuxiabu Catering Management Co., Ltd. to acquire the equity interest in Xilin Guolemeng Yishun Halal Meat Company Limited;
- served as the legal advisor to ADB Safegate BVBA in China, and provided legal services for its acquisition of the Ultra Airport System China subsidiary;
- provided regular legal consulting services to China SAM Group Co., Ltd. in connection with the acquisition of a Mongolian company by that Group Subsidiary;
- provided legal services for Cheetah Mobile Inc. 's (NYSE:CMCM) capital increase of Beijing Orion Star Technology Co., Ltd;
- Provided legal services for the registered trademark of Beijing Banmuyuan Fast Food Co., Ltd in Australia and New Zealand;
- Provided legal services for Beijing Chaotoufa Investment Management Co., Ltd. to apply for the registration of private fund manager;
- Provided legal services for fund raising of Huilong (Hengqin) Investment Management Co., Ltd and investment in China Chengxin International Credit Rating Co., Ltd;
- Served as China legal counsel for Lucy Group Ltd, provided legal services on the establishment of a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company in China;
- Provided legal services for JCDecaux Group's joint venture with domestic partners;
- Provided legal services for series A financing of Nara (Shanghai) Business Consulting Co., Ltd.;
- Provided perennial legal advisory services for Wolf Petroleum Limited(ASX:WOF);
- Provided perennial legal advisory services for Beijing Chaoyang District State-owned Capital Management center ;
- Provided perennial legal service for Beijing Orion Star Technology Co., Ltd;
- Provided perennial legal consultant service for Beijing Banmuyuan Fast Food Co., Ltd;
- Provided perennial legal consultant service for Beijing Huilong Capital Management Co., Ltd;
- Provided perennial legal consultant service for Beijing Kunyuan Bangtai Investment Co., Ltd;
- Provided perennial legal consultant service for Maxim Chemical (Shandong) Co., Ltd.
- Provided perennial legal consultant service for the Department of Sports of Renmin University of China;
- Provided perennial legal consultant service for the School of Continuing Education of Renmin University of China;
- Provided perennial legal consultant service for the Xioaochuan Offshore Education Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd. (“SOP”).
Social Activities and Awards
- Participated in the International Moot Court Competition hosted by the University of Lucerne in Switzerland in 2012 and became the only Asian participant to reach the final and win the prize.
- Attended the 30th Annual General Meeting of the Asia Pacific Law Association (“LAWASIA”) and the 12th APLA International Moot Court Competition in 2017 and served as a judge in the moot court competition;
- Awarded the "Excellence Award" by Chance Bridge Partners in 2017.
- An Insight into the Private Equity Sector in China；
- Overseas investment policies and regulations for Chinese enterprises;
- Overseas financing of Chinese enterprises: a detailed explanation of "internal and external loan guarantee";
- Cross-border Compliance Management for Chinese Enterprises;
- How "State-owned" Private Equity Funds Participate in the Merger, Acquisition and Reorganization of Listed Companies;
- "The allocation and requirements of senior management personnel of the applying institution for the registration of a private fund manager";
- China's New Legislative Framework on Cross-Border Transactions regarding Foreign Investment and Enterprises’ Cross-Border Compliance Management.